Life with the Oldfields

Thursday, November 16, 2006

One Day Down...

Well I made it through my first day without Jeff. He should've landed in D.C. by now but I haven't heard from him yet. I'll try not to be the worrying wife and just keep trying him on his cell. Day number 1 went by as normal until praise band practice tonight. It was REALLY weird locking up the church and leaving on my own. Usually Jeff and I stand around trying to decide where to get some dinner. But there I was all on my own. The dinner question wasn't too difficult though. I headed over to the local grocery store to get some ready-made chicken korma and pilau rice (Indian food). It doesn't taste as good as when Jeff makes it. I then headed over to the video store and, taking full advantage of not having Jeff around, rented a box set of movies that only girls in their late 20s and early 30s can truly appreciate (The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, and Pretty in Pink). The 80's rules! I'm doing pizza and a movie tomorrow night with our friend, Ruth, from church. She's a little older than the 80s loving group so we'll see if she's keen on watching one of these fabulous movies with me. I'll keep you posted on Jeff as well as my lonely antics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home