Life with the Oldfields

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Aaaaah...Friends

We had dinner tonight with our former minister from our church in London, Brian, and his wife, Jenny. Brian has retired since we've left London, and they are now living in Manchester. He occasionally gets an invitation to preach at a church in Edinburgh, so we try to get together when they're in Scotland. This is the second time they've come to see us in St Andrews. It's always soo nice to catch up with old friends...chat about life. They are truly wonderful people and I'm sure that we will have a lifelong friendship with them. We had a discussion about community, and I brought up the amazing community among the post-graduate students here and their families. I explained that I feel the community is really something quite special. Jenny said that we're sure to find another community like this elsewhere, but I told her that I think it would be very difficult. I feel that this place is really unique, and I feel soo blessed to have the chance to be a part of it for a short time.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger aroy17 said…

    I just looked at your Scottish weather and I am jealous. It looks like you are having day after day of rain and clouds and I am sooo jealous. Understanding that you probably are tired of it :) But I am tired of 90 degree weather!

    PS. Friends are great.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home