Life with the Oldfields

Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Universe

I was standing out in the freezing cold tonight, staring up at the gorgeously clear sky in complete awe of everything... our Moon, the planets and their moons, our Sun, the stars, the galaxies that make up the groups of stars. I do this often on these clear nights. It's amazing how many stars are out there... I mean, can you believe that there are that many other suns in the universe? Just balls of gas burning some thousands of light-years away. For all I know, that bright star I kept watching could be gone by now and I'm just admiring it in its hay-day. Crazy! It's at these moments that I am truly in awe of God's vast creation and a song of praise just pours out from inside me. There is absolutely nothing better than looking up into God's amazing night sky while listening to the powerful waves of God's ocean crashing against His beautiful sand. There is no other response but to worship Him. The universe declares His majesty. He truly is the God of wonders beyond our galaxy.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:51 AM, Blogger aroy17 said…

    I love that you have that in Scotland! I forget that stars even exist at home.

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A hearty heart-felt AMEN! to that Sweetie, and HALLELUJAH to our GOD!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home