Life with the Oldfields

Sunday, November 19, 2006

An event-filled day

Today was interesting. Normally Sundays feel really rushed like there just isn't enough time in the day to get anything done, but this morning I left church thinking, "What now?" I went straight to the grocery store...got that out of the way...then headed back home and organized recyclables, took out the trash, ate some lunch, then thought, "What now?" Since Jeff isn't here to check up on the bank account like he usually does, I thought "Hey, why not log on and see why I've got no money in the account." Now I've used internet banking with every other bank we've had without any problems, but I try to log on using the User ID they sent me in the mail and seeing as how our normal password doesn't work, I do the whole "forgot my password" thing... I have to type in all my details in order for them to email me the password or whatever and they tell me my information isn't correct. WHAT IS WITH BANKS TELLING ME THAT I DON'T KNOW MY OWN BIRTHDAY!?!? I mean all they asked for was my User ID (which they sent me), my name, and my birthday. HOW COULD THAT BE WRONG? Seriously, British banks...what's the deal? Anyway, of course I have to wait to call them during their customer service hours (WHEN I'M AT WORK). Moving on.... so then again I thought, "What now?" So I headed into town and decided to go a matinee at the cinema all by myself for the first time ever. I went to see The Prestige. I don't know what publicity it's got in the States; it could've come out months ago over there for all I know, but it's about two rival magicians during turn-of-the-century London. It is definitely not a movie for everyone. It is very dark and has a great amount of twists and turns, having the ability to leave people shocked and confused. It is a love it or hate it type of film. Personally I thought it was incredible, although slightly disturbing. I'd have to size up a person's tastes before I could recommend it to anyone. The greatest thing is that there were like 6 of us in the cinema, and two older ladies leaned over to the rest of us at the end of the movie and said, "Did you enjoy that? I had no idea what was going on." It's definitely not for people who have trouble keeping up with movies that jump around with time and have complex plots or people who can't enjoy a darker film. Okay, enough of my movie critique. Moving on... by the time the movie was over, I had just enough time to have a quick visit with Allison as she was getting off work before heading over to the church to practice the songs for the evening service. All in all ... a day well spent. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home