Life with the Oldfields

Monday, April 09, 2007

He is Risen!

Happy Easter to all! It was a very busy day for us this year, and amazingly I made it through without collapsing of exhaustion. I arrived in St Andrews Saturday evening to Jeff informing me that he and I were doing the music for both the morning and evening Easter services at the Baptist church. So up I got at 7:30am Easter morning to practice and sing for the morning service. As soon as the service was over, we headed to our friend Allison's house for a proper British Easter meal. Jeff made Beef Wellington, a fillet roast wrapped in ham, mushroom pate, and puff pastry. It was DELICIOUS! I am not one to drool over meat but oh my goodness was this worth drooling over! Allison prepared vegetables and some seriously garlicy mashed potatoes. It was awesome! My stepdad Rick, Allison's sister Caitlin, Allison, Jeff, Mariam, and I had a great time. (Mariam isn't in the picture as she was the one taking it. Mariam, thanks for the pic by the way. I steal your pictures often enough that I should probably thank you for them every once in a while.) :-) After our early dinner we headed over to Dana and Reno's house for a baby baptism shower celebrating the baptism of their new baby at their church's Easter service that morning. We stayed for about an hour then rushed back to the church to practice and sing for the evening service. Needless to say we were ready for bed by the time we made it home that night. The day was a truly wonderful one filled with lots of fellowship and reminders of Christ's amazing love and power. Although I am a bit bitter that the Baptist church did not have the Eucharist at either of their services on Easter day... I felt a bit jipped. Oh well maybe I can convince Jeff to finally add to his theology blog our thoughts on communion... that would be better suited to the topic than this light-hearted blog... we'll see...

3 Comments:

  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    Back across the pond again, eh? Viva's coming soon!

     
  • At 5:41 AM, Blogger aroy17 said…

    Jeff needs to make beef wellington for us when you get back! I don't think I've ever tried it.

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger GreekGeek said…

    hey - you're welcome to my pictures any time. And now you see why I like to take the pictures and be _behind_ the camera! =] Fewer pictures of me about...
    shall we gather soon? Friday? After a certain important period of time?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home