Life with the Oldfields

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Go Ricky, Go Ricky...

Wednesday night we went down to Edinburgh to see Ricky Gervais live in his third ever stand up comedy show, "Fame." It was brilliant! The tickets were part of Jeff's Christmas present...but just between you and me, I think I was far more excited than Jeff could ever be. I absolutely LOVE Ricky Gervais. For those of you who may be a bit British comedy challenged, he's the one who created and starred in the original British show "The Office." He helped write for the later American "Office" and is now doing a new comedy show called "Extras." Still lost? Well, he also played the museum director in "Night at the Museum" starring Ben Stiller (who he met, by the way, during the filming of the first episode of "Extras"). I, personally, think he is one of the greatest comedy actors of the 21st century...so far. He'll be hard to beat. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 1:05 AM, Blogger aroy17 said…

    First off, it is so strange that it is already Saturday there before the sun has even gone down here. I love "The Office!!" But you already know that. By the way, the picture doesn't look like him. Did he lose weight? He looks thinner in the face.

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Meigan said…

    I knew you and Nathan would totally understand my excitment. :) Oh and I'm pretty sure they touched up the photo...he didn't seem any thinner.

     
  • At 4:08 AM, Blogger Becky said…

    Hey Meigs... wait 'till you see the contestants from Seattle... they're even freakier. What's up in the Pacific Northwest anyway???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home