Life with the Oldfields

Friday, January 26, 2007

Sock Puppets

Somone along the line came up with this brilliant idea...... get all the badly behaved children in a school and put them into a "Social Skills" group with the learning support teacher. Yep, that's my joy of Friday afternoons. Well, as childish as it sounds, I've convinced this group of hooligans (or neds as they are called here in Scotland) that it'll be fun to make sock puppets and use our puppets to share any school grievances from the past week. I guess if you think about it any kid would jump at the chance to complain about school in a lesson. So as we're going around the circle we get to a certain 10-year-old, my daily source of stress, who prefaces his grievance session with the question, "Are we allowed to complain about you, Mrs Oldfield?" Of course I'm thinking "Oh here we go." Well he goes into a VERY long rant about how he gets soo mad at me when I'm off work with a migraine and how it's not fair that he has to have stupid supply (substitute) teachers who don't understand him the way I do. He then finishes with the comment, "I really like you, Mrs Oldfield, and I get really sad when you're not here." Kind of makes up for all the other stuff and reminds me why I bother doing this job in the first place. :-)

2 Comments:

  • At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Talk about confirmation! The Lord definitely has you there for a reason kiddo. :)

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    Awwww... I love teacher moments. I got a recent e-mail from a kid who gave me headaches for two years in a row... after struggling with drugs and a lot of other things for a long time, he's fallen in love with Jesus... and is a different kid. It's always the tough ones. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home