Life with the Oldfields

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Anxiety

You know what I didn't expect?...the very mixed feelings that would come with the prospect of moving home this summer. And we'll definitely be moving home home. Jeff's heard that they've offered the Canadian job to someone else so we have no more prospects at the moment. We're planning then to move home this summer and get jobs to save up some money while he keeps applying. Don't get me wrong; I am really excited to see friends and family but it's really weird that we'll be leaving the UK for good.... I mean it's been our home for the past 5 years. Will I seem strange to people back home with all my British ways? I mean I know that I've changed a lot since we left the US in more ways than just my accent and the words I use. Will I be a foreigner in my own home town?

3 Comments:

  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger aroy17 said…

    Your anxiety is completely valid and normal. While I am bummed that Jeff hasn't found his perfect job, yet. God is faithful and He has a plan. We are thrilled to have you guys closer to us again. Feel free to continue any British habits when I'm around:-)

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Embrace your differences! They help keep the memories alive! Also, amke sure you bring some British stuff back with you like Christmas decorations b/c that's something that you can't go back for later and you'll wish you had some.... at least I did!

     
  • At 1:24 AM, Blogger Pastor Chad said…

    You will feel very strange going home. Much will have changed, including you. Get used to the fact that you will no longer fit in anywhere!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home