Life with the Oldfields

Monday, December 25, 2006

Feliz Navidad

Merry Christmas, everyone!!! Boy, did we have yet another busy day today. We started off singing/playing at church at 10:30 this morning. We then rushed home to throw together some mashed potatoes and green bean casserole to take to our Christmas pot-luck dinner at 1pm. A bunch of the post-graduate divinity students and their families got together for a proper Christmas meal. Most of the students are American so we had some great traditional food...........I still can't believe how much food I put down today....it was awesome!!! In the picture, I'm the one in the red shirt in the back stuffing my face with green bean casserole. :) Oh and it was only this Christmas that Jeff and I first discovered the amazing goodness of pecan pie....how we ever made it 27 years without pecan pie is a serious mystery. :) Anyway, after the dinner we then went over to a friend's house for some Christmas cookies.....she's a professional baker and, I've got to say, the cookies were INCREDIBLE! Don't believe me? Take a look at the picture! :) It has been a great Christmas. We made sure that we kept ourselves busy so that we wouldn't have too much time to sit around and be sad about the fact that we weren't home with family and friends. You all are in our thoughts this holiday season! We want to wish you a Merry Christmas from the bottom of our hearts. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger aroy17 said…

    Merry Christmas! Let me know when you get my little gift in the mail. I sent it kind of late;) Don't get too excited.

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger aroy17 said…

    OK, so how do you like that I check your blog before I check my email? I just got an email from Jeff saying you liked the gift. I couldn't resist.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home