Life with the Oldfields

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Awww London ::sigh::

There are some things that you can only do in London... like see Julia Stiles or Ewan McGregor or, as of today, Orlando Bloom in a play. I was able to get a discounted ticket to see a preview of "In Celebration" by David Storey starring Mr. Bloom himself. It was his West End (London's equivalent to Broadway) debut, and I have to say that I was pretty impressed. I had seen Julia Stiles in Oleanna and Ewan McGregor in Guys and Dolls, and I wasn't blown away by their performances to be honest... so I was actually pleasantly surprised with Orlando's acting skills. He did struggle a bit with the Yorkshire accent... it was just too difficult to keep his posh accent from coming through a bit I think. :-) Now I'm not one to really fancy these hollywood hunks or anything, but I have to admit that I've had a bit of a crush on Orlando ever since The Fellowship of the Ring. So I was absolutely ecstatic at the thought of seeing him in a play and getting to see him at the stage door at the end of the show. Of course it was absolute madness when he came out with all the crazy, abnoxious American girls about. I was getting quite discouraged when it became apparent that there was no chance I could get close enough to have him sign my program; however, being the nice chap that he is, Orlando spotted me and reached over some heads to grab my program and sign it... good on him for thinking of those of us who are less fortunate and crammed behind the masses of crazy girls. :-) Here's a picture to prove just how chaotic it was... good luck picking out the gorgeous man I'm attempting to take a picture of.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    So are you going to be impatient with us unrefined Yanks when you get back? :)

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Mum :) said…

    You dog you! I am sooo jealous! But, hey, if ya gotta leave London (the UK), you might as well do it in style, right? :)

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am green with envy! How is it fair that you have gotten to meet Juila Stiles AND Orlando, and yet I think the most famous person I've met is Mickey Mouse? :)
    I wan tot hear all the details when you get back on this side of the pond!

     
  • At 11:45 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    I'm just not a fan of the mustache... but hey... it's still Orlando.

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    You are a true fan to battle those crowds just for an autograph! I totally spaced it that you and Jeff are in London now - we were there over the weekend! Bummer. Coulda done lunch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home